Sunday 25 March 2012

Super Solution Artwork

I have found that while I do for the most part enjoy the build process, I have also really enjoyed meeting, speaking with and corresponding with air racing enthusiasts, full size and RC builders, and historians associated with the Laird Super Solution, as well as lots of people who just love antique aircraft.
For me this has been a great side benefit, and makes it much easier while building in Dubai.
There is almost no interest in Antique or sport aviation in this region, so It is a real pleasure when I can speak with like minded individuals.
I am also amazed at the amount of really talented artists and illustrators who have chosen the Super Solution as a subject.
The other day I was surprised to be contacted by Jim Newman. Jim is the artist who drew the Laird Super Solution Cutaway drawing for the EAA museum many years ago.
I have this drawing front and center in my little shop, and refer to it constantly, it has been a huge asset, and I am very thankful Jim made the effort at the time they were building the EAA replica to produce this fantastic drawing.
There is even a picture in the EAA Super Solution book, (now long out of print) of Jim with clipboard in hand recording the details of the Super Solution.
It is a real pleasure to be in contact with Jim, who is a former RAF pilot, and is still active in aviation.
Jim tells me he currently has a number of these posters available, so if anyone is keen I can provide Jim`s contact details on request.

I was also recently sent some CAD drawings by an RC modeller from Slovakia who is in the process of recreating the Super Solution digitally, and is extremely detail oriented. The drawings to date are amazing, and highly detailed as well. I am really looking forward to seeing the model he builds from these.
It is great to see the interest level still high for this wonderful aircraft, and lets hope there are many more RC models built and flown.

I have also corresponded with, the artist of this beautiful drawing, Lyle Brown. I love the way he has captured the aircraft, it looks like it is basking on the ramp, ready to leap forward!
If anyone is interested in a copy of this beautiful drawing, it can be ordered via:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/laird-super-solution-lyle-brown.html

3 comments:

  1. The seller is salting lanvin handbag on the internet. If a person is a resident of India, but she wants to buy a lanvin shoulder bag, then she may not be able to find the kind of bags in her local market. However, if she places on the online market, then she will get thousands of lanvin bag, just click the button. No matter that, she can get a lot of options, you can choose on the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the initial design of the green and yellow aircraft on your latest post? It’s awesome. I would love to have a copy of the drawing; it’s heartbreaking that it is for sale.

    -Aerospace test equipment | AvionTEq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, thanks so much for sharing.what ever the information you describing really its very nice,this blog contains sufficient information.We have many and different types of solutions about these field.

    Health and Sex
    Success
    Rich
    Education
    Jobs
    Friends
    Donation
    Database

    How to make a rich man

    Thanks for sharing some information about it.

    ReplyDelete